Grace Bible Fellowship Church of Wallingford, PA, began as a church planting project of the Gospel Herald Society in September, 1926. A tent on a lot at Eleventh Street and Edgmont Avenue in Chester was the first meeting place. On November 29, 1926 Grace Church purchased its first building, a bungalow at 721 West Seventh Street in Chester, PA. The mortgage for this property was secured by two members of the congregation who offered their homes as collateral to the bank. Grace Church became self-supporting in 1943; growth of the congregation led to extensive alterations to the Chester property in 1947.
In 1961 Grace Church stepped out on faith, purchasing a large stone house and lot in Wallingford for $35,000. Sale of the Chester building necessitated the Church's moving to the Chester Y.M.C.A. for services. On March 23, 1963 Grace Church held the dedication service at the new Wallingford Church site. The home next to the Church was subsequently purchased as a parsonage for $65,000. In 1981, new space was added to the church building with the addition of classrooms, a gymnasium and offices.
Pastors of Grace
More in Depth History
For more information on the history of the Bible Fellowship Churches, please visit the Bible Fellowship Church Online History Center.
80th Anniversary Booklet
"Eighty Years of Grace" by Dr. Richard E. Taylor
Click here to read or print the booklet.
Call the church office or email Pastor Taylor for a bound copy of the booklet.
Pastor Mark Bickel
Pastor of Adult Discipleship and Outreach
Grace BFC is a community committed to growing in our Walk with God. We love the Word of God and worshiping Him. We are on this Journey of faith together, building friendships that will enable us to encourage and challenge one another. We are also committed to journeying with those around us, showing them the love of Jesus Christ. We invite you to get to know us and to join us as we Walk with God and Journey with Others.